Red Shoe Press will promote the work of talented poets via various media, community arts events, and poetry readings to facilitate a rich exchange of poetic ideas and perspectives. The Press will be a catalyst for poets to continue to learn from each other through sharing, encouragement and inspiration.
Our current project is the 2023 Oregon Poetry Calendar, gathering the work of Oregon poets into an attractive, 11" x 17" size wall calendar of expressive short poems paired with compelling photographs. The Calendar will be published in October 2022.
- No submission fee.
- Current Oregon residents only.
- For more information, email: email@example.com
- No email submissions.
- Do not include your name or other identifying info. on individual poems or in the document file name. Submissions will be read blind. Also, if you send a message to us via Submittable during the submission time period, please do not sign the message with your name.
- Submit 1-3 poems in a single document via Submittable. Begin each poem on a separate page.
- Limit poems to 20 lines max in length (including title and blank lines), and 35 characters max in width (including spaces, letters, and punctuation). No religious, no haiku, haibun, tanka or other short forms, no rhyming poems, no complex indentations.
- No previously published poems; simultaneous submissions are okay. Once we have selected your work for publication and you have given us permission to publish it, it cannot be withdrawn.
- No bio needed at the time of submission. Bios will be requested upon acceptance.
- Deadline June 30, 2022.
- Poets whose work is accepted will receive one copy of the calendar.